PULLOVER: Similar Here & Here // LEGGINGS: Similar Here // HIKING SHOES: Columbia // BACKPACK: Similar CamelBak
Happy Thursday – I hope everyone is having a great week so far! With it still being the start of a new year, hopefully everyone’s resolutions are still going strong! Mine are going pretty well so far – I have stayed on track so far with standing for at least an hour at work everyday & I’ve scheduled my bi-monthly facial for this Saturday , but I haven’t been doing so well with the “get more sleep” resolution just yet, lol. But I’m trying! Since fitness is usually one of the top resolutions everyone makes each year (myself included!), today I thought I’d share a few of my favorite ways to workout & stay active – most of these are free and believe it or not, they can also be fun!
- Hiking – As you can see from today’s post, (and this one from last year!), hiking is clearly one of my most favorite things to do! Luckily Austin is full of great hiking trails, and it is Drew & my favorite way to get outside with the pups on a beautiful weekend. The pups LOVE hiking so much, it is so cute! They run around in the creek & just have the best time ever. We usually try to hike at least 2 miles (at a slow pace), which is a great way to get our blood flowing & spend some time together outdoors.
- Running – I definitely have a love/hate relationship with running (read more on that here), but it is slowly but surely turning into more of a “love” relationship the longer I stick with it. Running is the best form of exercise in my opinion because a) you can do it anywhere (as long as the weather is cooperating) & b) it is FREE (all you need is a good pair of shoes).
- Pure Barre – I’m not currently taking Pure Barre classes, but I took them over the summer for about 3 months and I loved them. There is something so fun, uplifting, and encouraging about taking a group class – it’s kind of like “we are all in this together!”. I also really loved how the workouts were focused on strength training and muscle toning (rather than cardio/weight loss). While they definitely aren’t cheap, I think knowing how much they cost really helped to hold me accountable and I made sure I went regularly because I didn’t want to waste my money!
- Tennis – This may not be for everyone, but it is by far one of my absolute favorite things to do! Drew and I play all the time (he even got me a tennis racket for my birthday a few years ago!) and I can’t wait for springtime to hit the courts again. I am even going to take tennis lessons this year (another new year’s resolution of mine)! To me, playing tennis doesn’t even feel like a workout because it is so fun. But when I look at my fitbit after playing for an hour or so, I am always shocked at how many steps I got and how my heart rate was elevated the whole time!
- BBG – I posted about BBG here and did a 4-week check-in here, and it is slowly but surely becoming one of my favorite ways to workout! This is definitely the most “traditional” workout form that I have done (it includes moves like pushups, burpees, squats, etc) but I have also found it to be super effective, even in just the 5 weeks I have been doing the program. The best part is that I am getting stronger and stronger with each workout, and it only takes about 30 minutes three times per week.
What are some of your favorite ways to workout?
Thanks for stopping by!