Shop The Look:
Happy Wednesday – I hope everyone is having a great week so far! Today is a very special day for me because it marks one year since I officially launched Fashion Over Fatigue! Happy First Birthday FoF! A little backstory: I followed so many fashion bloggers for several years before starting FoF and always thought to myself “that looks like so much fun – I should start my own blog!”, but I was always too scared/unsure/didn’t know what people would think about it. Would they read it? Would they like it?
After telling Drew about my blog ambitions for months and months, he told me that I should just do it and that he would even take my photos for me if I wanted to start one (little did he know what he was getting into!). So, last summer I decided to take the plunge and try my hand at becoming a Fashion Blogger. I launched the blog on July 13, 2015, but I was still nervous & scared about what people would think about it, so I kept it secret from my friends & family for a few months until I felt confident enough in what I was doing to share it with everyone. While I still have a long way to go with this blog, let me tell you – over the past year I have learned so, so much! I never in my life thought I would learn how to build a website from the ground up or anything about domains, hosting platforms, coding, or anything of the sort. Having this blog has allowed me to continue learning more about photography, forced me to step out of my comfort zone (like posing for shoots in front of total strangers that are usually very curious as to what we are doing!), and allowed me to nourish my creative side which has been such a blessing when I spend M-F at a desk job that requires zero creativity at all.
I’ve also learned that if you like something, you should do it (or wear it!) and not worry about what others think. There have been several times where I’ve felt like I haven’t been meeting my view/engagement goals with FoF and I’ve moaned to Drew, “should I even keep doing the blog?! Is anybody even reading it?!” and he reminds me that I started Fashion Over Fatigue for myself as a creative outlet, and as long as I enjoy doing it, I should keep at it! I’m so thankful that he has been such a big part and supporter of Fashion Over Fatigue over the past year (and of course FoF wouldn’t be possible without him since he’s responsible for snapping all the photos for me!).
I still have so much to learn about the blogging world and I have so many goals that I’d like to accomplish with this little blog of mine, so I can’t wait to see where the next year takes me and Fashion Over Fatigue. Thank you so much for being a part of this world with me and for taking a little time out of your day to visit FoF. I hope that you are able to find not only some outfit inspiration & beauty inspiration when visiting this site, but also that it helps to brighten your day, helps to inspire and make you feel confident, and to remind you that you should never give up on your goals.
Here’s a look back at my top 20 posts from FoF’s first year (20 sounds like a lot but it was hard to narrow it down! I’ve posted almost 100 looks over the past year!) as well as a few fun memories I have of each post. Enjoy & thank you so much for being a part of Fashion Over Fatigue!
1. Rompin’ Around – this was our very first shoot ever AND it was my first post! I had no idea how to pose when we photographed this and also we had no idea where to go to take pictures. We ended up shooting this look on a wall behind an office building that we found, and it actually turned out to look pretty cool.
2. Flamingo Love – I have a small obsession with flamingos, so I was so excited to shoot this dress. The backdrop is actually in front of one of Drew’s neighbor’s houses & we had to stop shooting every few minutes to let cars go by.
3. Puppy Love – I always love shoots that features Charlie or Miles (like here, here, and here!) , but I especially loved this one because his bow-tie matched my gingham shirt. So cute!! He had just gotten his hair cut the day before we shot these, so I think he looks a little funny in these photos (he’s normally much cuter!)… but I still love them nonetheless.
4. Under The Sea – We shot this on that same first-day-ever-of-shooting, and by the time we got around to shooting it I feel like I was starting to get the hang of posing! Haha! This was one of my favorite shoots because I love the way the green top pops against the under-the-sea wall mural.
5. All About The Accessories – These 4 fall looks are probably some of my favorite outfits that we’ve shot for the blog! I just love this one because of how well all of the accessories are coordinated. We shot this look at UT right in front of the Tower so we had a small audience as we were trying to capture the photos which was super awkward!
6. Boots & Blanket Scarf – Another one of my favorite outfits! I probably repeated this look about once a week all throughout the fall & winter after we shot it.
7. Faux Fur Vest – I wanted for it to snow so badly this past winter, but sadly it never did… so I had to settle for some crisp fall leaves on the ground for all of my winter-y looks! This shoot ended up turning out really cool with the leaves – I think they ended up looking great with the vest & sweater.
8. Shearling Vest – Drew and I shot this look right before Thanksgiving on what was probably the coldest day I’ve ever experienced in Austin! The wind was going non-stop and it was literally about 25 degrees outside…so basically I was shivering the entire time and trying to not look cold in the pictures.
9. Peacoat & A Pop of Red – I don’t know why, but I was so excited to shoot this look with the red ribbon in my hair. I’ve never actually worn a ribbon in my hair like this in real life but I knew it would look so cute for the pictures. Haha!
10. Red Christmas Dress – We shot this look the day after the shearling vest look above, and it was still freezing cold! We woke up super early to shoot in front of the giant Christmas tree at the Domain in Austin (before the mall opened/it was crowded), and I actually wore Drew’s ski jacket in between shots because I was so cold. But I loved how the photos turned out – they were so perfect and festive just like I wanted!
11. Fair Isle Sweater for Christmas – There is something so festive and cozy about fair isle prints, and this one was no exception. I especially loved the furry clutch to add an extra dose of cozy!
12. Christmas in Fredericksburg – This was such a fun look to shoot because we went to Fredericksburg for the day (it is so cute there at Christmastime!) and we ran into my college roommate, Kelly, and her boyfriend there! It was such a random surprise and made for such a great memory of the day.
13. Springtime at Texas Tulips – My dad shot this post! He is my guest photographer for when Drew isn’t able to shoot something for me (he also shot this post and this post!), and he did such a great job. This was a really fun day because my parents and I went out to this giant tulip field about an hour north of Dallas where we were able to pick our own flowers to take home. It was the perfect way to kick off the Spring season!
14. Floral Skirt for Spring – This was my favorite look for Spring! It reminded me of Dolce & Gabbana for some reason and I loved how different and chic it was from my everyday outfits. A definite favorite.
15. White Lace Dress – This look was fun to shoot because we went to Deep Ellum in Dallas and actually shot this look in front of the same wall that I shot some of my high school senior pictures at.
16. The Best Tunic – I liked this post because it is a “real life” outfit – as in I wear this look to work all the time. I had also just gotten those Kendra Scott earrings the day before and couldn’t wait to shoot them for the blog! And I had just recently gotten balayage (read more on that here) so I was excited about that too.
17. Yellow Summer Dress – We weren’t sure where to shoot this look in Austin because I had a very specific, beachy-vibe in mind for this outfit. Thankfully we randomly found these palm trees and I climbed in/under them to get some of the shots. Drew really stepped up his photography game on this shoot!
18. Beach Bum – This was shot at the beach down in South Padre, TX! Everything about the soft sand, the sunny skies, and the clear blue waters made this the perfect beach shoot.
19. Coral Tassel Dress – This dress has been one of my favorites for the spring & summer – I’ve been wearing it all the time!
20. White Eyelet Dress – I loved this shoot because it was in front of my dream house! We kind of stumbled upon it by accident but as soon as I saw it I made Drew pull over because it reminds me so much of the house in Father of the Bride which is my favorite.
Thank you so much for stopping by today and always! PS – be sure to check back tomorrow as it is the first day of the #NSALE!!