I’m definitely no hair or makeup expert (I pretty much just make things up as I go!) but today I thought I’d share some of my current favorite beauty products. Some of these I’ve been using for years and others I’ve just recently discovered, but all of them are part of my daily/weekly routine and are worth trying out! I also love checking out Youtube videos for hair and makeup tips & tricks – my current favorite channels are Sazan & Angela Lanter. Enjoy!
1. Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay Mask – This stuff is amazing (and is less than $10!) – just mix a little of it with water & apple cidar vinegar and it makes your skin feel so soft & rejuvenated. Put it on while watching tv, putting away laundry, or soaking in a warm bubble bath (#treatyoself).
2. Chanel Perfection Lumiere Liquid Makeup – This makeup is a little pricey, but one bottle will last you at least 4-5 months so it ends up being worth it. It’s great for long-wear and is also build-able so you can control the coverage (also has SPF 15!).
3, 4, 5. Sigma F20 Powder Brush, Sigma F80 Kabuki Brush, Sigma F10 Blush Brush– I just recently bought these makeup brushes and I am in love! I’ve always used cheap/poor quality brushes that never fail to end up leaving bristles behind on my face because I never really thought the brushes I used mattered all that much. I finally decided it was time to upgrade & invest in something better, and I am so glad I did! The fibers in these brushes by Sigma really make such a difference in the the way the makeup is applied and definitely make everything look better. I started out investing in these 3 brushes for face makeup & I’m slowly but surely going to add this one, this one & this one to my collection.
6. Beautyblender Makeup Sponge – This is another item that I didn’t really think made much difference in the way my makeup looked – until I tried this one & loved it! The trick with the Beautyblender is to wet it, squeeze out the water, then stipple on your foundation. (Keep away from dogs – Miles got a hold of mine and chewed it all apart!)
7. Anastasia Contour Kit – This kit is great because it gives you different shades so you can both highlight and contour all in one kit. A must have!
8. Perfect Hair Day Shampoo – This shampoo helps reduce frizz & makes my hair nice and sleek (while still having body). It also helps my hairstyle last longer and so I don’t have to wash as often which is always a good thing!
9. It’s A 10 Miracle Leave-In Product – This. Stuff. Is. Amazing. It makes your hair shiny, less frizzy, less tangled, more manageable, softer, etc. – literally everything you could want for your hair! I usually don’t see all that much difference with most hair products I try, but this stuff takes the cake and is one product that I wouldn’t want to do without. I only wish I had discovered it years ago!
10. Revlon Colorburst Lip Stain – For some reason I’ve always struggled with wearing lipstick – I make such a mess when I try to apply it! That’s why I love these lip stains – they are in more of a crayon/pencil form and are so much easier to put on. They also last all day and come in matte or shiny finishes.
11. Seche Vite Dry Fast Topcoat – This topcoat is unlike any other I’ve tried – you put it on your nails when they are still wet (which I won’t lie, made me nervous the first time I tried it!) and it sets your nails super fast as well as helps to create a shiny, hard finish that lasts. The best top coat I’ve ever used!
12. Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Eyeliner – I’ve used this for a few years and it is my favorite – it helps to create a solid, gel line that lasts all day. Remember this scene from the Devil Wears Prada? (#goals) This eyeliner is how you can recreate that amazing line! I use the gel on the majority of the lid and this liner to create the wing for a cat-eye effect.
13. Lancome Cils Booster Mascara Primer – I never really understood the point of a mascara primer – I mean do I really need to add another step to my makeup routine?! Um… YES. For Christmas I got a Lancome gift set that included this primer, and it really makes such a difference in adding length and definition to your eyelashes. I found that it doesn’t even take that much extra time/effort – just let one eye set while you swipe the other eye, and then you’re ready for your mascara!
14. Maybelline The Nudes Eyeshadow Palette – I love this eyeshadow palette (it’s a dupe of the Urban Decay Naked Palette but is a fraction of the price) – it has a great selection of shades that you can mix and match to create everything from a simple daytime look to a sultry smokey eye. It’s also super convenient for traveling because it’s all of the shades you need in one easy palette.
Thanks for stopping by! What are some of your beauty favorites?