I hope everyone is having a great week & is ready to celebrate New Year’s Eve tonight! One of my favorite parts of the New Year is not only looking back at all of the great memories from the previous year, but looking ahead to the next year and planning out all of the things I want to accomplish! I think it’s always great to have goals to work towards I keep a list of my resolutions on my phone so I can look back on them throughout the year. It’s important to make your goals both realistic & measurable so that you are more likely to stay on track. I thought I’d share some of my New Year’s Resolutions with you today to help give a few ideas (& it will also help me to hold myself more accountable to them)! 🙂
- Train For & Run a 10K – I ran my first 10K in 2014 and I am looking forward to completing another one this year! I have already signed up for the Capitol 10K in April and I love using the Couch to 10K App to help me train (it only requires you to run 3 days per week and builds up your endurance so it’s definitely manageable!). I also got these awesome Beats by Dre Wireless headphones for Christmas and I can’t wait to put them to use!
- Read One New Book Per Month – I have a bad habit of watching television as I’m going to sleep at night (Friends reruns!) and reading is such a great way to relax in the evenings. I did this as a resolution a few years ago and I loved it. At first I was unsure as to if I would be able to finish a book each month as I didn’t think I would want to read every night, but after a couple of months it became the routine for me and I found that I was reading two or three books per month! If you have any great book suggestions please leave them in the comments below!
- Travel – This year I’m hoping to make at least three trips: someplace beach-y in the summer, someplace with beautiful fall leaves in the autumn, and someplace snowy & mountainous next winter. I’m still pretty new at my job and haven’t acquired much vacation time yet so I’m planning most of my trips to take place later in the year. I’m also hoping to plan out & book a trip to Europe (London & Amsterdam) for 2017!
- Learn How to Curl my Hair – I have naturally wavy hair and I always either straighten it, wear it 1/2 up, 1/2 down, or wear it up in a bun/ponytail (#lazy). This year I’d love to learn how to curl it & I plan on checking out some of these YouTube videos to learn how!
- Buy Better Quality Clothing & Less Fast Fashion (Quality over Quantity) – I’m a sucker for a good deal & I always find myself gravitating towards fast-fashion stores like Forever 21 only to have a closet full of cheap clothes that I only half-like and only bought because they were so inexpensive! This year I want to focus on buying pieces that are of better quality that I will want to keep for years to come rather than cheap trendy pieces. Going along with this, I want to make an effort to wear what’s already in my closet, or else donate it.
What are some of your resolutions? Have a great New Year’s Eve & Cheers to 2016!